Tuesday 5 February 2013

Ainhoa - Birchbox Event

So last Wednesday I was invited to Birchbox UK's first event in partnership with Spanish skincare brand, Ainhoa. This event was part of the two events that week celebrating Birchbox UK's new makeover as a brand, and what better way to celebrate than to pamper their subscribers? I thought that it was a really great initiative on the company's part -  Ever since Joliebox has merged with Birchbox, I could feel a huge effort and brilliant turnaround to the brand, that has only made this beauty box company even better in competition with their rivals than before.

London-based subscribers were invited to Ainhoa's pop-up salon in St. Pancras Station. Upon arrival, I was greeted by some very lovely staff and champagne. After walking around and browsing the sleek product displays, I was invited in for a complimentary 15-minute express facial by one of Ainhoa's staff, who discussed in depth my skincare regime and any skin issues I may have had. She then thoroughly cleansed my face, applying an enzyme masque afterwards, for which I sat and relaxed. After about ten minutes, she lightly exfoliated away the remains of the masque, and followed with a toner, serum, eye gel, and moisturizer. The eye gel was one of my favourite products - It had little flecks of gold in it to make your eyes appear brighter! Definitely brilliant. After discussing what products were used, I was then given a complimentary full-sized product from Ainhoa's extensive skincare range, their Vitaminal Cleansing Milk, that was thought to be beneficial to my skincare regime.




After being blissfully pampered, I wandered about and found myself discussing beauty and skincare regimes with the Birchbox staff. They were absolutely lovely! It's always nice to discuss my obsessions of skincare with someone, since most of the time it just bores or disinterests people! But no, we spoke in depth about different cleansers, moisturizers, fad-products - anything and everything we've either tried or heard about. They then asked me what I thought about the January Birchbox, since this was their first box as the new brand. I discussed with them in honesty, telling them what I thought was great and suggestions on what I, as a subscriber, would either like to see or would be interesting. Also being a Glossybox subscriber, it was interesting to compare the two and not attack either brand.

All in all, it was a fantastic evening, complete with a goodybag of sample products from the brand. I definitely give Birchbox UK two thumbs up for a great first event. I look forward to many more in the near future!





Have you heard of Ainhoa before? What products would you try from the brand?






No comments:

Post a Comment