Saturday 23 February 2013

Maybelline Master Precise/Master Drama Eyeliner

Hello hello! So I hope you are enjoying your weekend, wherever you are! I spent today at Borough Market, eating way too many cheese samples and eventually buying way too much cheese..I swear, I can't even go there without purchasing cheese!

Anyway, the other day I went on one of my many, all-too-frequent visits to Superdrug and purchased some new gems! Two of them being the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black and the Maybelline Master Drama Kohl Eyeliner in Ultra Black. I had found some great reviews on other blogs about these products, and decided to give it a go - Also since Superdrug are currently having a Buy One, Get One Half Price deal on all Maybelline products at the moment!



First up is the Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black. I've always been a bit skeptical with liquid eyeliners, especially since they have a tendency to be quite..liquid-y, to say the least. I usually prefer gel eyeliners. However, since this product comes in a pen format, I thought it might be better to use. I was actually quite surprised at how easy it was to apply, as well as the quality of the pigment - I didn't need to reapply the eyeliner after its initial use, since it comes out quite dark to begin with! (Usually, even with my gel eyeliner, I sometimes have to reapply it in certain areas to get the desired black colour that I want) Besides that, another great quality of this product is that since it has such a fine point, you can either apply it thinly and precise, or thicker and more bold. Perfect dexterity! I found the product to last quite well throughout the day, the only complaint being that if you wing it out as a cat eye, be sure to powder the area beforehand, as it may smudge a bit during the day otherwise! In any case, a definite winner for me.


Second comes the Master Drama Kohl Eyeliner in Ultra Black. Again, I'm a little skeptical when it comes to kohl eyeliners, as well, since they do tend to smudge throughout the day on my face, creating a not-so-nice raccoon-y look..(Hey, fellas.)
The application process was very easy - The product glided onto my face without any pulling at my eye area, and again, very rich in pigment - I only needed one application of it. It claims to be wearable for up to 16 hours, however I'm a bit unsure with that..I think it may be wearable for about half of that time, with a touch-up or two throughout the day. This isn't such an issue for me, since I don't think I've ever found a kohl eyeliner to last the entire day on my face. However, the result is a very nice, richly-pigmented, creamy finish that definitely adds the right amount of drama to my eyes.

I'm very proud of this purchase, and highly recommend these products (especially the liquid eyeliner!) to anyone looking for a great high-street buy. At £4.49 each, plus the current Superdrug offer, it's a complete bargain - And you can't really go wrong with another great black eyeliner in your makeup bag (it's a definite essential for me!)

Is black eyeliner an essential to your makeup bag? Have you tried the Master Precise/Master Drama eyeliners? What are your thoughts?



1 comment:

  1. I just could not get to grips with this liner! It did not work for me! In the end I just used it as a gel liner applicator!

    I wish it worked for me :(

    http://thebeautyvernacular.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete